The Coordinator provides gift coding and administrative support for the California Development department, including processing and recording gifts, assisting donors with asset transfer, data entry, preparing meeting briefings, distributing and filing gift documentation, donor reporting, and mailing list coordination. The Coordinator uses the available fundraising management system to input notes on interactions with donors, update donors’ demographic and personal information, and produce donor reports including summaries for donor visits, and to track prospects and donors. S/he may assist in expense reporting, and other special projects related to fundraising and financial reporting. S/he applies established processes and practices to improve effectiveness. The Coordinator may have substantial contact with staff, donors, legal and financial professionals. S/he will provide other staff with information they need to make decisions and solve problems.
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff.
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
- Financial responsibility may include working within a budget, purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget tracking.
- Refers difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Serve as a team member for assigned projects.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-year experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience providing administrative support.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Database skills; including experience with gift coding and/or data entry.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
- Ability to apply research skills.
- Ability to write and edit written materials for use with donor solicitations, member communications, and special events.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising principles & practices.
- Excellent customer service skills and focus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.